We recommend you to travel either over Beijing or Shanghai. From there, there are 3 ways how you can get here.
If you don't speak any Chinese, you can print these Chinese translations as a help when you travel in China.
There are two airports close to the academy. The first one is Xuzhou Guanyin Airport which is further to the Academy, pickup service costs $60; the second one Lianyungang Baitabu Airport which is closer to the Academy, pickup service costs $50.
Here's the schedule of the flights to Xuzhou and Lianyungang:
- From Beijing:
1. Air China CA1849 departs Beijng International Airport (Terminal 3) at 6:25 PM and arrives at Xuzhou Guanyin Airport at 7:50 PM. The full ticket price is about 690 Yuan.
2. China Eastern MU5159 departs Beijng International Airport (Terminal 2) at 7:40 PM and arrives in Lianyungang Baitafu Airport at 9:00PM. The full ticket price is about 690 Yuan.
Air China CA1863 departs Beijng International Airport (Terminal 3) at 7:50 AM and arrives in Lianyungang Baitafu Airport at 9:20AM. The full ticket price is about 690 Yuan. (Note: this flight is every other day)
China Eastern MU8063 departs Beijng Nanyuan Airport at 12:10PM and arrives in Lianyungang Baitafu Airport at 1:10 PM. The full ticket price is about 690 Yuan.
United Airline KN2263 departs Beijng Nanyuan Airport at 12:10PM and arrives in Lianyungang Baitafu Airport at 1:10 PM. The full ticket price is about 690 Yuan.
- From Shanghai:
1. Shanghai Airlines FM9241 departs Shanghai Hongqiao Airport (Terminal 2) at 8:25 AM and arrives at Xuzhou Guanyin Airport at 9:30 AM. The full ticket price is about 600 Yuan.
China Eastern MU9241 departs Shanghai Hongqiao Airport (Terminal 2) at 8:25 PM and arrives at Xuzhou Guanyin Airport at 9:30 AM. The full ticket price is about 600 Yuan.
2. China Eastern MU5549 departs Shanghai Hongqiao Airport (Terminal 2) at 8:10 AM and arrives at Lianyungang Baitafu Airport at 9:05 AM. The full ticket price is about 530 Yuan.
There is a direct train from both Beijing and Shanghai to Xinyi, where we will pick you up for free.
1. Train 1502/1503 departs Beijing West Station at 9:43 AM and arrives at Xinyi Train Station at 9:29 PM. The price for a hard seat is 106 Yuan, the one for a hard sleeper is 208 Yuan.
2. Train K8356/K8357 departs Shanghai Train Station at 6:57 PM and arrives at Xinyi Train Station at 6:56 AM on the next day. The price for a hard sleeper is 191 Yuan, the one for a soft sleeper is 275 Yuan.
There are many trains every day from Beijing and Shanghai to Xuzhou. From there you can easily get to Xinyi either by train, bus or taxi. We can also pick you up there if you want us to ($50). Here you can find the train schedule to Xuzhou.
There are also buses available from Shanghai to Xinyi (8h), or from Xuzhou to Xinyi (1h40m), but bus stations and information can be more difficult to understand if you do not speak Chinese, so going by train might be easier for you.
It is useful to have a Chinese Mandarin phrase book with you and the names of your destinations in Chinese.
Maling Shaolin Kung Fu Academy is an institute for learning traditional Shaolin Martial Arts and Chinese Kung Fu. It is located in the surburb of Xinyi City, which is a road transportation hub in the north of Jiangsu, preceded only by Xuzhou and Lianyungang .The city is 50 km away from either Lianyungang Baitabi Airport or Xuzhou Guanyin Airport.
Xinyi has a physical land mass of 1,571 square kilometers and its population is close one million. Situated in a transit belt from the north subtropical region, Xinyi has a maritime monsoon climate, a mild and humid climate with distinct four seasons. The annual average temperature is about 14ºC around.
More than two dozens of historical sceneries are recommended to visit. The best tourist sites include the Maling Mountain, or the Horse Tomb Mountain, and the well-known Huating Prehistoric Relics is located in the region. The Lake Luoma is one more tourist destination. An ancient town, the Yaowan Town, is 45 km away from the urban area of Xinyi, presenting you its ancient houses, streets, relics, etc., left from the Ming or the Qing dynasties.
The Academy is within Maling Mountain Secnic Zone which is ranked one of the 4-AAAA tourist attractions in China. Maling Mountain is honoured by the Emperor Qianlong of Qing Dynasty as "The First Scenery”. From unearthed archaeological evidences, this land was once a habitat for early human being, tracking back to the Paleolithic period, about 100,000 years ago, who made tools and hunted on the land. Later, the land started to attract military attentions to eventually become a historical battle field, where enemies fought each other, left unforgettable legends behind.
How to get here?
Here you can see where our school is located and how to get here